Sunday, July 11, 2010

Marathon Training: Week 7

This week was a big week for marathon training because I ran the longest I've ever run in my life!  I ran 11 miles with my training group yesterday, and it went really well.  I was nervous beforehand since this was completely new territory for me.  Up until now, 10 miles was the longest distance I've run.  I got up bright and early on Saturday morning (6:30 am! Yikes!), had my Gatorade ready to go, and a running playlist all ready to go.  I felt great through the whole run, and I'm actually excited to run even more next week.

As you may remember from my first blog about marathon training (click here), I am running the marathon on the Special Olympics charity team.  Please take a few minutes to visit my fundraising page.  Click here to see more information about this amazing charity.  Thanks for your support!




Live Sweetly :)
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Run it girl!

    Delighted to meet you today. Hope you don't mind if I splash around for a bit. This looks like a refreshing place to slip off my shoes and soak in some goodness.

    Splashing,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails