Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Marathon Training: Week 1

This week marks the first official week of marathon training. Running a full 26-mile long marathon is something that’s been on my life list for years. I’ve wanted to do it ever since my cross-country days back in high school. Each year up until now, I’ve told myself that I’ll do it when I have more time. Well, I’ll never have more time, so I’ve decided to make the time and commit myself to training for the next few months until the big day, Sunday October 10th (the date will be 10/10/10…kind of cool, right?). So far, I’m up to 7 miles for my long run and I’ll be adding a mile each week with shorter runs on the days inbetween. It feels really good to be running regularly again!                                                                                   


When I signed up for the marathon, I learned that I could run the race on a charity team and raise money for a good cause. After reading through the many charities that offer training programs for the Chicago Marathon, I have chosen to run with the Special Olympics charity team. I’ve known about this organization for years and have some personal connections to this community. I’m excited to be making a contribution towards helping the Special Olympics reach their goals.

I have pledged to raise a minimum of $1,000 for this amazing charity. I would appreciate any help I can get from you to reach that goal. Any donation, big or small, will make an impact. Your donation will not only help me reach my goal, but it will also play a part in the life of someone with special needs.

Please take the time to visit my fundraising website and consider placing a donation by clicking here.

Thank you so much for your support! I'll be sure to keep you all updated as training continues.

I’m thankful for…

6) My legs…I wouldn’t be able to run this marathon without them.  They're long, too, which helps a lot :)
7) The kind words and encouragement from my small group
8) Really cool finds on craig’s list
9) Clear skies on sunny days
10) Oatmeal with peanut butter and raisins...what a great way to start the day!

Live Sweetly :)
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails