Tuesday, May 18, 2010

25

For those of you who don’t know, I celebrated my 25th birthday last weekend. The thing I love the most about birthdays is that it’s a day where you are reminded of how much you are loved. It’s like all of the love you feel over the year gets packed into one day, so by the end of the day my heart is just bubbling over. Thank you to all of my family and friends who made it a very special weekend.  I'm reminded every year how lucky I am to have you.


Each year, I usually do some self-reflection in the days preceding my birthday. This year I feel like I’ve done a lot more than usual. 25 is a pretty significant number. It’s a quarter of a century. I’m officially in my mid-twenties. I’m half way to 30. I’m officially an adult. College ended 3 years ago. I graduated from high school 7 years. I’ve had my license for almost a decade.

Time has literally flown by.

There were many years where I felt like time wasn’t moving fast enough for me. I was always waiting for the next thing. In elementary school, summer could never come fast enough. In middle school, I couldn’t wait to be in high school. In high school, I couldn’t wait to be in college. And although college was a blast and I had so many unforgettable experiences, there were definitely times when I couldn’t wait to start my adult life. We spend all of the years leading up to 25 preparing to arrive at this point, and now I’m here and can’t help but think, what’s next?

The scary and exciting thing about the coming years is that I don’t know what’s next. The way that I choose to live the days, months, years that I am blessed to be here on this earth is completely up to me.

I have a lot of hopes, dreams, and goals for the future. Most of them are out of my control, but thankfully He will lead me in the right direction. And while I wait to see what happens as my plan unfolds, there is one thing that I’m sure of….I’m going to spend my time sharing the love that has been given to me.

Live Sweetly :)
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails