Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Music Monday 03-11-10

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful week.  I'm back from my European vacation.  I was so sad to leave, but I'm really glad to be home all at the same time.  I promise to post pictures from my adventures later in the week.

For my post-trip Music Monday, I want to feature the band that opened for Owl City at their concert on Friday Aptil 30th.  The band was called Lights.  It's always a treat when the opening band is as good, or better, than the band you came to see.  Although Owl City put on an amazing show, Lights did a great job of getting the crowd ready for the big show.  I love the lyrics to their songs, and the conbination of the backbground beats and the lead singers voice are perfect.  I bought Lights' first album before my trip, and I've been listenig to it non-stop all week. 

The lead singer, Valerie Anne Poxleitner, plays the keytar, too, which is pretty awesome.

You can listen to samples of their songs and buy the album here.


Live Sweetly :)
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails