Thursday, March 11, 2010

Time

A few days ago I was emailing with a good friend of mine and we were both lamenting about some things that we want but don’t have. During this conversation, I said something that hit me like a ton of bricks after I hit send...

“It’s a weird spot to be in…wanting something because you know in the future
that it will be the right thing, but coming to the realization that it might not be
what you need right now.”

There are a lot of things that I want…a great job that I’ll love going to each day, a home on the water, a man who will be a loving husband and life partner, an end to global hunger, world peace.

Thankfully, God has blessed me with so many things in this life, and ironically, I never even knew I wanted a lot of those things. He surprises you with opportunities, gifts and relationships when you least expect it. And I often surprise myself with the choices that I make as I grow and mature.

One big lesson that I’ve learned is that everything happens for a reason. The timing and placement of those opportunities, gifts and relationships are all a part of my…actually, His plan. And this timing is different for everyone with no one plan being better than the other.

All we have to do is have faith, be patient, and believe because He is looking out for us.

As the old saying goes,

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift,
That’s why it’s called the present.

From here on out, I’m going to do my best to be present in the present, focus on the now, and stop worrying about the future…

…because the time I have to be here truly is a gift.

Live Sweetly...and God Bless :)
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails