Friday, February 19, 2010

My First Post

Hello there, readers,
First I would like to introduce myself. My name is Rachel. I live in the Roscoe Village neighborhood of Chicago. I love to be crafty, redesign my apartment, help my friends with designing their apartments, spend time with my family and friends, experience new things in the city…the list could go on. Most of all, though, I am on a quest to live in my sweet spot.

The inspiration for my quest (and this blog) comes from a book that I recently read by Max Lucado titled “>Cure for the Common Life: Living in your Sweet Spot.” I came across this book during a time of transition. I’m a mid-twentysomething who is finding herself at a bit of a crossroads. I’ve been out of college for almost 3 years (scary!). I live in one of the greatest cities in the world. I have the best group of friends that a girl could ask for. I work for a great company with a job that I’ve dreamed of having since I was young. I could list the blessings in my life for days and days. However, I still don’t feel that I am living in my sweet spot. I don’t feel like I’m living in that place where I’m using my strengths to their fullest potential to make the biggest impact on this earth. I want to find that place so the rest of my days can be lived…sweetly.

So, here I will be sharing many sweet sentiments from my corner of the internet world…with hopes that someday I will find that one big thing that brings me to my…sweet spot.

Live Sweetly :)
Rachel

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails